unfinished

Friday, May 27, 2005

Bennington, Vermont, October 2002

OCTOBER 2002.

I am studying Interactions.
Of me and the light that passes through the
translucent sheet of paper;
Of me and the woman who spoke of the geography of
Pakistan;
Of me and the men I know.

Of me and my disappointments;
Of me and the women I don’t know.
Of me and my clothing;
Of me and the memories of my family;
Of me and the thoughts of my father;
Of me and the child in Hunza, who sneaked up on me
mysteriously and sang songs about a Golden Hawk.

Of me and my energy of constantly speaking and writing
in this language.
Of me and the cold air and the hot sun.
Of me and the big mirror;
Of me and my disappointments;
Of me and what I long for;
Of me and my hopes.

Of me and my thoughts about, “ what would have
happened if…”
Of me and the blinding afternoon sunset;
Of me and the big blue mass above me as I lay on the
textured green, and look up;
Of me and other people’s relationships;
Of me and my thoughts of,” what If I was..”
Of me and the way other people express themselves.

Of me and a stranger’s eyes on me;
Of me and the people who think I represent my entire
country,
Of me and people’s opinions on democracy;
Of me and other people’s voices,
Of me and the men I don’t know.
Of me and the culture I am a part of right now.

Of me and my perceptions of temperature, time and
space.